6.05.2009

Welcome all

I just wanted to take the time to welcome all of the new visitors. There has been a swell of new people checking out Slipcast, and it makes me really excited. Especially with so many international readers. I an really overwhelmed by how many of my readers are overseas. We have had visitors from every continent (except Antarctica, W.T.F. South Pole, step it up!) and Dozens of countries.

I do want to send out a quick apology for my editing skills. As many of you can tell, I am a poor editor. I know that my posts are filled with misspellings, poor punctuation, and random capitalization. I type quickly and badly, and when I go back to re-read my posts I just don't see the errors. On top of that I am not one of these professional bloggers who write everything out in a Word document, days before I post. Saving a backlog of posts, ready to go. I just post what I want and write it up on the spot. So I'm sure that the quality is not as good as it could be. Sorry about that.

Also I want to encourage people to comment. For some reason, I am getting a lot of visitors, but no commenters. Please, I know I am an arrogant Son-of-a-Bitch (How, Dare I Speak of My Own Mother That Way...Sorry Mrs. Katz). But that does not mean, I don't want to hear from all of you. I hope to get discussions going, that is really the reason I started this blog. As I have said before, I think there are some serious problems in the discussion being carried out in ceramics right now. I think the reason we don't get respect in the Art world, is purely our own fault. And don't give me any of that "Well, I don't want to be part of that club" Bullshit. We are all art makers, and we need to acknowledge and accept that.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you continue to hang our here. We should have some great stuff coming in the next week, I'm planning on doing another posting on a Favorite Artist, as well as a Cone 6 Discussion.

One more thing, out of respect for my readers, I present my juvenile side. I love art, but more then anything I love childish humor (Shocking!!! I know). In honor of being a total ass. I present to you... A Total Ass.
This is the Assy McGee, Ceramic Bank. Based on the Adult Swim Cartoon. I think I know what I want for Christmas!!!
Via: Williams Street.

No comments: