8.21.2009

200


Well folks, that is where we are. This is Slipcast's 200th post. Pretty cool.
I have to say that I have a blast doing it. I'm constantly amazed by the participation of the ceramics community. It is a big group out there, and I'm so tickled, that so many people out there are reading. We have more visitors a day, now then I had in the first month of the blog. Literally thousands of you have stopped by and taken part. I can't thank you enough. We have regular visitors from 58 Countries, almost every continent (still no Antarctica!). Canada, Australia, Denmark, England, New Zealand, France, Italy. South Africa, and everyone else, I'm so happy to have you here.

The one thing that bums be out is that I still don't know who a lot of you are. I wish I could get to know some of you better. I do want to give a shout out to some of the dedicated visitors. I don't know who you are, but I know where you are from and I see you hanging around a lot.

State College, PA. Deerfield, IL. Fargo ND. Haifa Israel. Helena MT (Buttery!). Durham, NC. Petaluma, CA (I've seen you hanging around recently). Corning, NY.

I know that there are thousands more of you but those are a few people who I consistently notice for some reason, and say, "Who are you?"

So to everyone, please leave a message, let me (and everyone else) know who you are and that you are out there. The whole reason I started the blog list, was in an attempt to get people to communicate. Just because I know you are out there, does not mean everyone else does.

I was taking with our man Avi the other day and he refereed to Slipcast as a daily magazine. I like that. So feel free to read Slipcast in the bathroom.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

200 is a great milestone... when did you begin? i'm at 161 and counting. for anyone who wants to know, i'm jim, sofia's dad, making porcelain pots in louisville, ky., raising a 4 year old, keeping bees, puppy training, dealing with plantar fasciitis but mostly having a good time making pots, listening to good music.

Matthew Katz said...

Thanks Jim,
I opened the blog on August 12th 2008 (one year Yay!), but I didn't start posting regularly until December.

Judy Shreve said...

Congrats on the 200 mark. It's a great blog! Eclectic & bizarre at times -- just what I like! :>)

frogpondsrock said...

Congratulations.I have only just discovered your blog. I am a Tasmanian potter. Tasmania is pretty close to Antarctica so I will probably have to do.. cheers Kim

cindy shake said...

Good Blog. I especially love the graphics you use... the testimonials have me thinking I need to try Matt and Dave's Clays as soon as I'm clay worthy...

Matthew Katz said...

Kim,
I am happy with that!
Thanks for visiting.

Matthew Katz said...

Judy,
Are you calling me Weird???

Cool!

Matthew Katz said...

Cindy,
You're Worthy!