2.04.2010

I hate you so hard.



That is what Mrs. Rose told me this morning and it made my heart all a-flutter. 

We are both those kind people who get a little queezy by the notion of love having to be all hearts and flowers. To us love is sarcastic and exciting, down and dirty

That is why, I hate Valentines day. 

I'm not going to go on a rant about how the whole thing is a crock made by the candy, card and flower industries. Or how society expects me to express my love of my wife on just one particular day. I tell my wife that I love and appreciate her everyday. So Valentines day can kiss my a$$. 

If you do like that crap. enjoy this my with a shadow decal making a heart, shape with the handle. bleah!


via



8 comments:

Linda Ellett said...

That is absolutely brilliant!

Anonymous said...

hi matthew... i'm not a big fan of any holidays, never really got the scheduled fun concept. the party will be fun but not the events leading up to the party or what happens after the party

Judy Shreve said...

you guys are such cynics -- how can you not enjoy a day about love?!! Just don't buy candy, flowers or cards -- but you gotta make it a day about love!

potterboy said...

Quite right. A day to stay in bed with the pillow over my head.

Matthew Katz said...

Judy, Judy, Judy, Everyday should be about love...

cindy shake said...

For those who are hugs and kissy-face challenged -Valentines can be a day that challenges us artists to use more RED in our work!

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Valentine's Day doesn't need to be a big deal. Just a little extra love that day works well for me :)

Unknown said...

I guess you don't want a singing Valentines from the Four Decades Quartet.