4.05.2010

I'm Back!

Hi All,

It's good to be home. I had a fantastic time at NCECA. Thanks to all the people who came to our lecture. We had an astounding turnout and I was really happy to have you all there. Except for a few technical snafus it went off without a hitch.

I was extremely excited to meet everyone who introduced themselves to me. It is really hard to not have faces to put to all of you. So getting the opportunity to talk you everyone was fantastic. Y'all were very kind and friendly and I was just tickled.

I have lots of new stuff to show and talk about. I'm going to start with one new that that launched while I was away.

As I have discussed before, we all need to expand our constructive conversation in our little community. Ceramics Arts Daily has launched a new message board. In the spirit of honesty, they have asked me to moderate the technical section of the site. I hope to have a productive discussion and help to advance the tech talk in ceramics. The Boards already have 775 members as of this writing, and that is a great start to the community,

I have to admit that I was a little dispirited at NCECA with a few of the conversations I had and some talks that I saw. I found that a lot of the tech talk was saturated with ceramic mis-information and myths being taught as truth. We all need to take it upon ourselves to learn as much good information as we can and to put the falsities to bed.

So I will see you all there.

No comments: