9.21.2010

Ummmm, yeah. about that.



Sometime I see things that just make me twitch. One such example is this PR stunt by Seeelite. To prove the strength of their ware, they balanced a 15,000 lb double decker bus atop four Steelite mugs. Now as impressive as this may seem, I have to say. I'm not impressed.


Look I understand that this is a PR stunt and they are trying to reinvigorate the return of Steelite production to England (wait weren't they the ones who decided to leave in the first place?) But they know a secret that the public doesn't






Here's the catch, any vitrified ware will have a compressive strength of 10,000-15,000 kilograms force. Much stronger then is required to hold up that bus.


So let this be a lesson to you all, if you want any marketing tricks for selling your ware, come up with some impressive feat of strength, that your work can easily accomplish.
link


_______________________________________________________________________________

No comments: